STUDENT ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
(Service Providers - Please See Information Below)
- At least 18 years of age
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Low income
- Interested and eligible to work full time in a food service career
- 3 Week Bakery Production Bootcamp – 9:00AM-1:00PM
- No violent or sex offenses on criminal history in the past seven years
- Five months of sobriety
- Reliable transportation
- Can speak and read English
- Must live in stable housing for the duration of the program (i.e. long-term shelter, transitional housing, Section 8, staying with family or friends, renting on one’s own)
- No outstanding arrest warrants
- Basic math skills and adequate reading level for studying a workbook and job related documents
- Able to see well enough to read 2.5 feet with or without reasonable accommodations
- Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours and lift 25 pounds
- Able to hear in a noisy environment with background noise from a distance of 20 feet with or without reasonable accommodations
How to Apply
Please call our training hotline, 888-283-3522, for additional information or to speak with a member of our staff.
- Drop-in sign up days are every Wednesday 10:00AM-1:30PM at our location, 1615 University Ave. Berkeley, CA 94703.
- For directions via public transportation, click here
- Please contact Program staff, firstname.lastname@example.org for information about when Sign-Ups will open.
- Applicants will fill out an application, turn in their required documents (see below), and go through an interview. Applicants will be notified of their status after reviewed by The Bread Project staff.
- Documents must be presented to the Program Staff upon entrance. If a document is missing, the applicant must return the following week to apply. If a document is invalid or about to expire, the applicant must provide a receipt for proof of purchase.
- Photo Identification
- Valid Driver’s license or ID card, Voter’s registration card, or U.S. Passport/Card
- Proof of Eligibility to Work in the U.S.
- Social Security Card, Birth Certificate, U.S. Passport/Card, Employment Authorization I-766, or Form I-94 and I-94A
- Proof of Income
- Paystub, Bank Statement, a letter from the party that is financially supporting you
- Proof of Address (if not on ID card)
- PG&E/Internet/Garbage/Cable Bill, Business or Government Mail, a letter from the party your are living with
- Referral Partners please contact Director of Programs, Nic Ming, at (888) 283-3522 x 901 or email@example.com
Department of Rehabilitation
- Vocational Counselors must contact The Bread Project and provide authorization.
AB 109 and Reentry Providers
- Probation Officers, Parole Agents, and California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, please contact Director of Programs, Nic Ming, at (888) 283-3522 x 901 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Refer clients via email or fax referral forms to (510) 594-1728. The Bread Project will request face sheet for the client upon signing a release of information waiver.